This course deals with international aspects of VAT. It begins by showing how UK VAT law and the VAT laws of other EU countries are governed by European law. The module then shows how VAT applies to movements of goods both within and outside the EU. When and how the reverse charge operates to account for VAT on cross border transactions is dealt with next. Having covered movements of goods, the module goes on to cover cross border supplies of services and show how the VAT rules apply to these. In particular, the major changes to the rules on cross border supplies of services which were introduced from 1 January 2010 and 1 January 2011 are covered. Finally, the question of when out of state VAT may be incurred and how it can be recovered is dealt with.
By the end of this course you will understand:
- the interaction of UK and European VAT law
- how VAT applies to supplies of goods within and outside the EU
- the operation of the reverse charge in cross border transactions
- how VAT applies to supplies of services within and outside the EU
- when and how out of state VAT can be reclaimed.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date