This course looks at the application of the General Data Protection Regulation, and the principles it sets out. It explores the important introduction of the concept of accountability that needs to be taken into consideration.
Understand the changes to the rules and definitions around consent as well as amendments to data subjects' rights. Learn about data security, the new requirements regarding the notification of security breaches and oversees transfers. Examine data protection offices, and the enforcement regime that came into effect in May 2018.
On completion of this course, you will:
- Be aware of the application of the GDPR rules
- Be able to comprehend the key terminology used by the GDPR
- Be able to describe the principles of the GDPR and consider how to comply with them in practice
- Have an awareness of the rules relating to consent and be able to consider other alternative means of justifying the processing of personal data
- Understand the rules relating to ‘accountability’ and be aware what steps need to be taken to comply with these
- Be familiar with the changes made to data subjects’ rights
- Understand the significantly increased levels of fines that can be levied under the GDPR and the possibility of compensation
- Data Subjects’ Rights
This course is also included in the following pack: Regulation compliance pack
Authored by: Keith Markham
Keith Markham qualified as a Solicitor in 2001 and now works as a freelance presenter of training courses.
Keith joined BPP in 2007 and worked as both an in-house lawyer dealing with commercial contracts and also as a presenter of training courses before ultimately deciding to specialise in delivering training and becoming a freelancer in 2009.
Drawing on his considerable experience Keith has designed and delivered a wide variety of training for BPP and other providers as well as for his own clients in the commercial law field. In particular he teaches topics relating to commercial contracts, data protection and e-commerce to lawyers and non-lawyers alike.
CPD Points: 1.5
CPD Duration (hours): 1.5
Access: 12 months from purchase date