Change is inevitable. Disruptive technologies, globalisation, ever-increasing competition and uncertainties in the political and economic contexts all result in change upon change to the organisations in which we work.
It is quite natural to fear change and want to cling on to the security of the status quo - change can be difficult and stressful and it can cause us a lot of anxiety. But it doesn’t need to be that way. Change can also bring opportunities of which we can take advantage: progress and growth on individual, organisational and societal levels all come from change.
This course looks at positive responses to change so that the individual and the organisation can prosper through change and use it to their advantage.
By the end of this course, delegates should be able to:
- understand the realities of change
- recognise the different stages of the change process and the different ways people respond
- choose their own most useful response to change
- communicate clearly to all other people involved in the process
- pre-empt and prepare for change
- develop creative solutions and plan an effective strategy for dealing with change
- deal with fears and limiting beliefs and manage the stresses and emotions that arise during periods of change.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date