Imagine being able confidently to express your opinion, stand up for yourself, say ‘no’ when you need to and say what you mean and mean what you say. How much more effective and successful would you be? How much easier would your life be? Becoming more assertive can be immensely beneficial to everyone and can make you feel more confident, enhance your self-esteem, increase your ability to deal with difficult people and stressful situations, as well as making you happier, healthier and more professional.
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
- understand the meaning of assertiveness and how it differs from passive, aggressive and manipulative behaviour
- become familiar with their workplace and personal rights and how to assert them
- have more confidence
- learn a variety of assertiveness skills, tools and techniques and know when to apply them
- improve their communication skills; including effective listening, questioning, body language
- and rapport building
- learn how to say no
- have strategies for dealing with difficult people
- develop assertive solutions to real-life situations through the application of the skills, tools and techniques learnt.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date