Most employers find the need to restructure their organisation (or part of their organisation) at some stage, in order to streamline the organisation to ensure it remains viable and cost effective.
It is vital to undertake such a restructure reasonably and fairly, as the implication for the organisation in not doing so could be both costly and time cinsuminh and have a negative impact on staff
This online course will provide you with an introduction to both the legal and practical aspects of workforce restructures, which will enable you to deal with these with knowledge and confidence
On completion of this course, you will have a greater understanding of
- Why is management of change important?
- Adverse legal implications of poor change management; employment tribunal claims for:
- Breach of contract
- Unfair (constructive) dismissal
- Unfair dismissal
- Personal injury claims
- Redundancy or re-organisation?
- Why it is important to establish the correct reason for dismissal
- Redundancy - The basics of redundancy law:
- The definition of ‘redundancy’
- Additional procedural requirements in ‘redundancy’ dismissals:
- Selection pools
- Fair selection processes
- The basics of collective redundancy law
- Changing terms and conditions of employment (‘SOSR’ dismissals)
- The basic legal principles and practical guidance points
- Collective consultation applicable to workforce restructures and changing terms and conditions
- Remedies for unfair dismissal
- TUPE in the context of restructures
- TUPE – some of the very basics
- Changing terms and conditions
- Material detriment claims
- Transfer related dismissals
Authored by Nicola Howe
Nicola Howe has practised employment law with large commercial firms for nearly 20 years. She regularly writes and presents courses on a wide variety of employment law topics. She is a member of the Law Society and the Employment Lawyers Association.
A CPD certificate of completion will be provided by BPP Professional Education Limited upon successful completion of the online course.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1