This is an intermediate risk management course covering the key types of risk and different approaches to risk management in firms. It provides hands-on tools and techniques to measure, manage and mitigate credit, liquidity, market and operational risks in line with firms’ risk appetite.
Risk Management has taken centre stage for firms following the financial crisis and is now a key focus for senior managers, regulators, analysts and investors among others.
This course provides a solid toolkit and Risk Management Framework for intermediate level risk management in different firms including corporates and banks.
Participants will learn the relevant industry techniques to:
- Determine and formalise their firm’s risk appetite
- Identify, measure, manage and mitigate the main types of risk: credit risk, liquidity risk, market risk and operational risk
On completion of this course, you will have a greater understanding of:
- How to analyse an organisation’s risks and categorise them in a Risk Management Framework
- How to determine and formalise an organisation’s risk appetite
- How to identify and evaluate various sources of the following risks and their importance for different firms including banks vs corporates:
- credit risk
- liquidity risk
- market risk
- operational risk
- How to measure the size and scale of the risks faced
- Finally, how to mitigate the risks to an acceptable level to align with the firm’s risk appetite
- Risk Management Framework
- Risk Appetite
- Credit Risk
- Liquidity Risk
- Market Risk
- Operational Risk
Authored by: Kavi Berns
Kavi is an international debt finance banker with nearly 20 years extensive cross-border experience in treasury, bonds, loans and strategic projects across UK, Europe and Asia. Kavi’s successful international banking career spans Tier 1 blue-chip banks including BNP Paribas, Citibank, Barclays and Lloyds Banking Group in senior roles leading multi-disciplinary teams. Kavi leads Financial Consultancy & Keynote Speaking Engagements, Workshops and Lectures for Banks, Regulators, Universities, Government Bodies, Fintech and Corporates globally.
CPD Points: 1
CPD Duration (hours): 1
Access: 12 months from purchase date