Leading business 'guru' Deming stated that "85% of the reasons for failure to meet customer expectations are related to deficiencies in systems and processes…rather than the employee. The role of management is to change the process rather than badgering individuals to do better". In this course we look at how to better manage, improve and design processes to address Deming's concern. We cover what processes are and how they operate in a business, how to recognise the state of maturity of process management in your business, and to measure and report the performance and state of each key process. We then go on to consider the methods for improving and designing processes for optimum performance, before finally looking at the drivers of successfully deploying Process Excellence.
On completion of this course you will:
- have a grasp of the three dimensions of process excellence
- be able to assess the maturity of process management in your organisation
- understand the four key states of a process and the impact of variation and defects
- understand how to calculate Process Sigma
- have a appreciation of the DMAIC and DMADV methodologies of improving and designing processes
- know the key factors impacting successful deployment of process excellence.
Authored by: Dr Vince Grant FCMA, CGMA
Vince is the Director of Catalyst Consulting, is an expert in six sigma methodologies, and regularly trains Black Belt and Master Black Belt programmes. He had international senior executive experience at Hewlett Packard before forming Catalyst.
CPD Points: 1.5
CPD Duration (hours): 1.5
Access: 12 months from purchase date